- Dream Catcher
- Jesse James Beads for Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores®
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 Jesse James Beads “Petite Strands”
- 1 Jesse James Beads “Elite Collection Strand”
- Embroidery hoop
- Satin ribbon 1.5 width
- Needle & thread
- Leather/ vinyl
- Suede string
- Hot glue gun
- Wire cutters
- Hemp string
- Take hemp string and wrap around embroidery hoop while threading through Doily. Make sure the doily is tight, tie both ends together and place knot on back. Glue if necessary.
- To make tassel cut piece of vinyl/leather 4 inches by 3 inches. Start cutting vinyl/leather about every quarter of an inch from the bottom up to an inch from the top. Glue string to the end and begin tightly rolling the vinyl/leather around the string so when you finish the string in in the center of the tassel.
- To make dangling strands, choose any thread, hemp string and or suede string. Thread desired bead on various strings and make a knot before and after each bead so they do not slid around. For braided dangling strands thread bead on one of the three strings and continue braiding, knot on end. Once string is accessorized tie onto embroidery hoop, always keeping knots in the back. Glue if necessary.
- To make the feather, simply draw feather on the back of your vinyl/leather and cut out. Glue onto doily.
- Fabric flower time! To make the flowers there are two layers of petals for each flower. For the bigger flower cut 10, 2-inch pieces of ribbon. Now take those 10 pieces of ribbon and cut them in petal shape provided at bottom. Take each petal over candle and burn edge so it does not fray and start’s to curl like a natural petal would. Do this to all petals. For second layer of petal cut 7, 1.5 inch pieces of ribbon and repeat what you did with first layer. For small flower cut 7, 1-inch pieces of ribbon for bigger layer and 5, ¾-inch pieces of ribbon for smaller layer.
- Once all petals have been singed you will now hand sew the petals together. Take the first layer petals and with your needle and thread, thread needle through bottom petal about quarter from bottom. Only thread through once, in and out. Continue to thread all petals, and then take ends of thread and tie in knot a couple of times. Make sure knot is not too tight you will want to get wire through the center later. Repeat with second layer. You should now have two petal circles!
- Cut 5 inches of wire and place any Elite Collection bead in center. Bend wire in half and twist to make sure bead does not shift. Do this for as many beads as you would like to have in the center of your flower. Once you have all your wire twisted individually take them all together and twist them together.
- Thread your beaded wire center through smaller layer of petals. Hold flower by wire “stem” and glue back of flower and wire together. Then thread bigger layer on top and glue again. You should now have a beautiful satin flower.
- For heart, take suede string and any size you would like. And glue ends together and pinch. Then find center and place glue on suede string and pinch again. You should now have a heart.
- Glue desired beads, feather, and suede string heart anywhere on doily.
- Now wrap your suede string around embroidery hoop to give the dream catcher a cleaner look and hide all the knots in the back. When wrapping suede string around go over knots from your dangling strands and glue when desired.
- Finish by gluing flowers on edge of doily and hoop. Enjoy! Sweet dreams!
Skill Level: Intermediate
Approximate Crafting Time: 1 hours 30min